Monday, March 24, 2008

TV Recommendation: Greek

So, this summer, ABC Family unveiled a new original show, Greek, and I was thoroughly convinced it would be stupid. The promos were ridiculous, all beer-swilling and half-naked girls, and I probably would have skipped it even if it hadn’t premiered while I was away from home for a month with no TV. Fast forward a couple of months, as fall semester was getting into full swing, and I caught an episode after my Monday night class. It was actually pretty funny, a pithy, tongue-in-cheek caricature of the most common clichés of college Greeks (Though, I suppose, some college Greeks may see it as an accurate portrayal of their lives, just like a lot of cheerleaders at my high school unironically saw Bring It On). Sometimes the show seems to be making fun of the Greek system, sometimes it seems to be making fun of what those of us on the outside think of it, and the back-and-forth strikes a nice balance.


The show is back tonight, and it gets my recommendation for anyone flipping through the channels this evening at 8 p.m. with nothing to watch. Have some fun and enjoy some fluff as you jump into the week.

No comments: