Thursday, February 21, 2008

New Trailer: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2

Just took a spin through JoBlo and noticed that there's a trailer up for The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2.  The MTV Movie Blog put the trailer up last week, and there's certainly a lot going on for the girls in this new outing.


I saw the last Sisterhood movie, and it wasn't bad.  It only falls victim to the Saved-by-the-Bell, unrealistic-portrayal-of-high-school-kids problem a little bit.  For the most part, the movie was about being a good friend, and as much fun (and as relatable) as Mean Girls was, I think a lot of younger girls going into high school should be able to see good examples of that.  Sisterhood is one of those good examples, but it's not preachy or grating - it just shows four young women who don't talk crap behind each other's backs.

This Sisterhood looks promising enough, and with the boost in America Ferrera and Blake Lively's careers since the last movie, I'm sure it will do just fine at the box office.

2 comments:

TNLogan said...

Oh wow, I'm actually excited about this one! I read all of the books that inspired the Pants movies, so a sequel is right up my alley. Thanks for posting the trailer!

Babz said...

I really enjoyed Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, so a part 2 should be interesting. Thanks!