Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday Odds n' Ends

The weekend box office reports show that Paris Hilton’s latest ‘film’ The Hottie and the Nottie only grossed around $25,000 on 111 screens. While I still don’t think the weekend’s number one movie, Fool’s Gold, looks very good, anything is fine on the weekend a Paris Hilton movie tanks.

My favorite Dawson’s Creek-er Joshua Jackson has signed on to be in J.J. Abrams new pilot Fringe. The show sounds like another Abrams winner. I’d be willing to give up Jackson’s (pre-strike) planned arc on Grey’s Anatomy if this turns out to be a good show.

Could the theme song for the next James Bond movie be sung by Amy Winehouse? Let’s hope so! (via Pop Candy)

Pushing Daisies (and a few other ABC shows) gets picked up for a second season!

I didn’t watch the grammys. I was too busy rejoicing the fact that there was a new episode of Brothers and Sisters to watch. Today I have been catching up on the highlights of the night via the interweb. Kanye West showed his infuriating arrogance at the podium when he accepted his award for Best Rap Album. I honestly think Kanye West is talented, but there is something decidedly unattractive about constantly broadcasting how awesome you are. It was rude of the show producers to play music while he talked about his mom, but since it had already been on for at least thirty seconds by the time he got around to his mom, he seems to be the rude one. Kanye, please do me a favor and stop being a jerk so I don’t have to feel embarrassed to admit I think you’re great.

1 comment:

Michelle F said...

haha. I feel the same way about Kayne West. I wish he'd just shut up and sing! (If that's possible?)

Also I think Joshua Jackson is awesome. Especially in that movie, The Skulls, or something to that effect. But the sequal to that was no good.